The gift of faith is one of the most important gifts that you can give your child. We celebrate with you on this very special day. May your family be richly blessed.
We would like to provide you with some practical considerations for the day of Baptism, so that it becomes a day both joyous and holy for everyone:
- We ask that you please be on time. Baptisms are celebrated with several other children and families. If a family is late, they impact on all other families on the baptism day.
- At our Chapel, our Host or Hostess will review seating arrangements with you.
- Only the child to be baptized, the parents and godparents should come forward to the baptismal font. All extended family should remain seated.
- Photography: the Priest or Deacon will be happy to pose for photos after the baptismal liturgy. Photography and videography will detract from the sacred atmosphere of the Sacrament, and is not permitted during the Baptismal Service.
- God is present. Kindly remember that this celebration takes place in the house of God. Help us celebrate this Sacrament with dignity and decorum by observing quiet reverence before, during and after the ceremony.